Are you a coach? a dancer? a teacher of yoga, pilates or other movement practice? Are you excited about biotensegrity and what this new paradigm of whole body anatomy and movement can bring to your students? Maybe you don’t know where to start or how to bring this to your class?
This webinar is just what you have been looking for. Be one of the lucky 12 participants when you join the live webinar, by clicking the register now button on the top of this page.
You will get the tools and experience you need to bring biotensegrity to your movement classroom.
When you have completed the course you will have:
- Your own collapsable tensegrity that is easy to transport and quick to set up to use as a teaching aide in the field, classroom, treatment room or studio
- The skills to guide your students and clients to make their own tensegrities using inexpensive and easily available materials.
- An understanding of 3 fundamental properties of tensegrities that are helpful in informing human movement
A way to teach your students and clients experientially about biotensegrity
- Language skills for inspiring your students to explore their own tensegral structure
- A way to help your students and clients feel firsthand the advantages to understanding their bodies as dynamic biotensegral structures
- The ability to guide your clients and students in translating their felt experience of a tensegrity’s movements to their own bodies
Building tensegrity sculptures can be tricky. Be one of just 12 participants at this live webinar and you will get the support you need for success and the skills to take what you have learned into your classroom, treatment room or studio.
Register now by clicking the button on the top of this page.
What you need for the course:
- Internet access and a computer or tablet for optimal viewing
- Zoom app to join the online meeting/webinar (details in Chapter 2)
- Materials and supplies for building your tensegrity (details in Chapter 2)
The course content should take less than three hours to cover, including the 90 minute webinar. You will have ongoing access to the webinar recording.
Complete Lesson 2 before the webinar begins you will need to:
- Gather your supplies
- Start building your tensegrity according to the instructions in lesson 2 (20 minutes)
- The 90 minute webinar takes place in three parts
- Building your tensegrity
- Using your tensegrity as a teaching tool
- Q&A with Susan Lowell and Chris Clancy
Familiarity with the biotensegrity paradigm is recommended. You will find a free listening guide in the orientation chapter to give you the basics. We suggest that you listen to as much as possible before we begin so that you can take advantage of the opporunity to ask questions.
Susan Lowell de Solórzano is a T’ai Chi instructor, kinesthetic learning specialist, biotensegritist and the author of the upcoming book Everything Moves: How Biotensegrity Informs Human Movement. She works closely with biotensegrity originator, Stephen M. Levin, MD. Susan has been instrumental in bringing biotensegrity into public awareness as a founding member of DC BIG (the Washington DC Biotensegrity Interest Group), organizer of the 2015 Biotensegrity Summit, and a founding board member of the Stephen M. Levin Biotensegrity Archive, for which she serves as Executive Administrator.
Chris Clancy is the founder of Embodied Biotensegrity bringing the biotensegrity paradigm to yoga teachers and movement professionals. She is a lead trainer for Vijnana Yoga International, is a faculty member at Karma Teachers college and offers workshops and retreats both at home and abroad. Chris is a founding member of PNWBIG (Pacific Northwest Biotensegrity Interest Group) and board member of the S.M.Levin Biotensegrity Archive.